Kelci and I recently registered for about 6,409 baby items. Strollers, cribs, butt balm and the like. It really was a lot of fun.But I learned a valuable lesson as we roamed the acres of products.
I learned that the real work hasn’t even come close to starting. But we also learned what were important and what items were just for fun. So, here’s our list of items that we think will be irreplaceable:
- The Pack & Play: Having a portable place for the baby to hang out in and entertain itself in will be priceless. Plus, the one we picked out is taller than the changer we selected, so that’s a bonus for me.
- The stroller & car-seat combo: Collectively known as the travel system, this combo will keep our little girl mobile for a few years before we need to find something bigger.
- The bedding: This sets the theme for the nursery and all the other accessories. We wanted something girly, but not terribly girly. I like the circles and patterns that seem to be in line with modern Web design also.
- The Seahawks Seagal outfit: What can I say, we love the Seahawks.
- A book called “The Birth Partner“: This book doesn’t cut any corners. I’m only about 1/3rd of the way through it, but I’m impressed. One of the best birth partner-focused books I’ve seen to date.
These were the five key things that we’ve found so far. But what I want to know is what are your must haves? What is your go-to baby shower gift that we can’t live without? And, while we’re at it, what are your recommendations for a nursery monitor? And no, a live-stream is not an option (it’s not!)